†On January 30, 2018 Mayor and Council Communication (M&C C-28566) the City Council authorized the execution of an Engineering Agreement with Freese and Nichols, Inc., in the amount of $3,099,361.00 for the preparation of plans and specifications for the Lake Arlington Lift Station and Force Main Project. The agreement was subsequently revised by Amendment No. 1† in the amount of $229,755.00 authorized March 19, 2019 (M&C C-29067)
Amendment No. 2 will provide for the following:
- Additional tunnel design on the project.
- Archaeological survey along the force main route as required by the Texas Historical Commission.
- Lead testing at the lift station site.
- Erosion control design along the existing sewer gravity mains near Salt Road in close proximity to a tributary of Village Creek.
- Additional design survey on Quail Road.
This project will have no impact on the Water Departmentís Operating Budget when complete.
M/ WBE OFFICE: Freese and Nichols, Inc., is in compliance with City's BDE Ordinance by committing to 20 percent SBE participation on this amendment No. 2. The City's goal on this Amendment is 15 percent.
The project is located in COUNCIL DISTRICT 5 and CITY OF KENNEDALE.