The Police Department uses this Agreement to provide crossing guard services for school crossings in the morning and afternoon hours for regular school days and summer school days throughout the year. Each school crossing guard will work three hours per day. Currently, the City of Fort Worth (City), through its Agreement with All City Management Services, Inc. (ACMS), covers 10 school districts and 137 schools with elementary age children for a total of 232 intersections.
The Agreement was approved by City Council on February 7, 2017 (M&C P-11996), began on February 8, 2017, ended on February 7, 2018, and provided that the City and ACMS would have the option to renew the agreement for up to four one-year terms. The City and ACMS exercised the First Option to renew the Agreement from February 7, 2018 through September 30, 2018 (City Secretary Contract Number 48895-R1).
Staff requests authorization to amend the Agreement to increase the hourly rate paid to ACMS and the maximum annual contract amount. Staff also plans to renew this Agreement for its Second Renewal which would begin on October 1, 2018 and to also extend the notification requirements within the Termination Provisions of the Agreement.
ACMS has experienced difficulty filling crossing guard positions and retaining these guards throughout the school year. The increase in the Agreement amount reflects an increased cost within the labor market and covers additional pay for some of the crossing guards as well as to improve acquisition and retention of crossing guards.
Starting pay for all guards shall be as follows:
October 1, 2018- September 30, 2019
• Guards located in the Keller Independent School District (ISD) area shall receive $9.00 an hour or higher with incumbents paid at their current rate.
• Guards located outside of the Keller ISD area shall receive $8.50 an hour or higher with incumbents paid at their current rate.
• Lead crossing guards starting pay shall be $9.59 an hour or higher with incumbents paid at their current rate.
If a Third Renewal Term is exercised by both parties, Starting pay for all guards under that term will be as follows:
October 1, 2019- September 30, 2020
• Guards located in the Keller ISD area $9.50 an hour or higher with incumbents paid at their current rate.
• Guards located outside of the Keller ISD area $9.50 an hour or higher with incumbents paid at their current rate.
• Lead crossing guards starting pay shall be $10.59 an hour or higher with incumbents paid at their current rate.
The hourly billing rate to the City will increase from $11.94 per hour to $12.74 per hour, per guard for the October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019 term and then to $14.28 per hour, per guard for a Third Renewal Term of October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020 term, if the Third Renewal term is exercised.
Total payments made under this amended Agreement shall be as follows:
• From October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019 shall not exceed the amount of $1,601,078.00. (a $105,234.00 difference from the original Agreement)
• From October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020 shall not exceed the amount of $1,794,010.00. (a $192,932.00 difference from the Second Renewal)
The Termination Clause within the Amended Agreement will change the written notification of termination requirement from 30 days to 90 days. All other terms and conditions of the Agreement shall remain the same.
ADMINISTRATIVE CHANGE ORDER - An administrative change order or increase may be made by the City Manager in the amount up to $50,000.00 and does not require specific City Council approval as long as sufficient funds have been appropriated.