|Official site of the City of Fort Worth, Texas|
|City Council Agenda|
|COUNCIL ACTION: Approved on 9/18/2018 - Resolution No. 4977-09-2018 and Ordinance Nos. 23389-09-2018 & 23390-09-2018|
|DATE:||9/18/2018||REFERENCE NO.:||**C-28854||LOG NAME:||55FWS EAST SIDE TWY GRNT INCR|
|SUBJECT:||Authorize Application For and Acceptance of, If Awarded, Grants from the Texas Department of Transportation in an Amount Up to $778,932.66 for Additional Costs to the Construction of the East Side Taxiway Improvements Project at Fort Worth Spinks Airport, Authorize Use of Mineral Lease Revenue and Transfer of Funds for the City's Grant Match in an Amount Up to $86,548.07, Adopt Resolution Providing for Same, and Adopt Appropriation Ordinances (COUNCIL DISTRICT 6)|
It is recommended that the City Council:
1. Authorize the application for and acceptance of, if awarded, grants from the Texas Department of Transportation, Aviation Division, in an amount up to $778,932.66 for additional costs to the construction of the East Side Taxiway Improvements Project at Fort Worth Spinks Airport;
2. Authorize the use of revenue derived from mineral leases on City-owned airports in an amount up to $86,548.07 for the City's 10 percent grants match;
3. Adopt the attached appropriation ordinance increasing estimated receipts and appropriations in the Airports Gas Lease Project Fund in the amount up to $86,548.07;
4. Adopt the attached resolution, as required by the Texas Department of Transportation, providing that an amount up to $86,548.07 in available gas well revenue funds will be available as match for additional costs to the construction of the East Side Taxiway Improvements Project at Fort Worth Spinks Airport and authorizing the City Manager or his designee to execute all necessary contracts associated with this project with the Texas Department of Transportation;
5. Authorize a transfer in an amount up to $86,548.07 from the Airports Gas Lease Project Fund to the Airport Grants Fund for the City's 10 percent grants match; and
6. Adopt the attached appropriation ordinance increasing estimated receipts and appropriations in the Airport Grants Fund in an amount up to $865,480.73, subject to receipt of grants.
The Texas Department of Transportation Aviation Division (TxDOT) has advised the Aviation Department that additional funding is necessary in 2018 for the construction of the East Side Taxiway Improvements Project (Project) at Fort Worth Spinks Airport (Airport).
On December 5, 2017, (M&C C-28494) the City Council adopted Resolution No. 4867-12-2017 supporting the design of the Project. Additionally, a Pavement Condition Index was performed in 2012 which determined that the taxiway surface for accessing the eastern hangar apron is failing.
On August 21, 2018, (M&C C-28810) the City Council adopted Resolution No. 4970-08-2017 supporting the construction of the Project. Current infrastructure poses a safety hazard due to the taxiway's poor condition no longer being capable of supporting the larger aircraft design group utilizing the eastern hangars. An additional taxiway will also be installed with this project to improve operational efficiency and provide additional infrastructure for future development.
Aviation was advised on August 22, 2018, by TxDOT, that additional discretionary funding has become available to fund the final phase of the Project, previously programmed for completion in Fiscal Year 2020. An additional $865,480.73 is necessary to fully fund the construction of the Project; increasing the Airport Sponsor share by $86,548.07.
Indirect costs are not eligible for reimbursement.
Project expenses and revenues are summarized in the following table:
Upon approval of this M&C, all sources of funding will be summarized in the table below:
Fort Worth Spinks Airport is located in COUNCIL DISTRICT 6.
This contract will be with a governmental entity, state agency or public institution of higher education: Texas Department of Transportation Aviation Division.
The Director of Finance certifies that upon approval of the above recommendations, receipt of grant award and adoption of the attached appropriation ordinance, funds will be available in the current budget, as appropriated, of the Aviation Gas Lease Capital Project Fund and the Municipal Airport Grants Fund. This is a reimbursement grant.
|Submitted for City Manager's Office by:||
|Originating Department Head:||
|Additional Information Contact:||
|55FWS EAST SIDE TWY GRNT INCR _53002_AO18_updated.docx|
|55FWS EAST SIDE TWY GRNT INCR _55004_AO18_updated.docx|
|MC Map - Grant Increase.pdf|
|TxDOT Resolution - 1802SPINK - Grant Increase.doc|