The Fort Worth Police Department (FWPD) and area school districts work together to provide youth a safe educational environment by providing FWPD officers at schools within the city limits of Fort Worth. Under the School Resource Officer Program, operational costs, equipment funds, and personnel costs are provided through the Crime Control Prevention District (CCPD) budget, which is then reimbursed pursuant to the terms of the Agreements with each school district and Lena Pope Home, Inc.
For Fiscal Year 2019, a total of 77 officers are assigned to the School Resource Officer Program with a total budget of $9,502,600.00, of which $5,695,176.93 will be allocated for the School Resource Officer Program Agreements with the school districts and Lena Pope Home, Inc. The participating school districts, and Lena Pope Home Inc., reimburse CCPD for 50 percent of operating and personnel costs for 67 of the 77 positions. Keller ISD has requested a mobile officer to rotate between schools specifically within the school district. Keller ISD will reimburse CCPD for 100 percent of the dedicated officer's costs. The remaining nine supervisor and relief positions, consisting of two relief officers, one detective, five sergeants, and one lieutenant, are reimbursed to CCPD at 100 percent. The reimbursement costs of the supervisor and relief positions are apportioned to each participant based on the number of officers assigned to each school district.
During the term of these contracts, October 1, 2018, through September 30, 2019, each participant will have a set number of officers assigned to them as follows:
- Fort Worth ISD will have forty-four officers assigned to them at a cost of $3,644,677.08.
- Eagle Mountain Saginaw ISD will have five officers assigned to them at a cost of $414,167.85.
- Crowley ISD will have five officers assigned to them at a cost of $414,167.85.
- Keller ISD will have four officers plus a dedicated, mobile officer assigned to them at a cost of $476,662.02.
- Lake Worth ISD will have one officer assigned to them at a cost of $82,833.57.
- Northwest ISD will have seven officers assigned to them at a cost of $579,834.99.
- Lena Pope Home Inc., will have one officer assigned to them at a cost of $82,833.57.
Payments from the participating school districts and the Lena Pope Home shall be rendered to the City on a monthly basis and deposited into a CCPD account. The total expected reimbursement amount is $5,695,176.93.