|Official site of the City of Fort Worth, Texas|
|City Council Agenda|
|COUNCIL ACTION: Approved on 9/25/2018 - Resolution No. 4984-09-2018 and 23414-09-2018|
|DATE:||9/25/2018||REFERENCE NO.:||**G-19383||LOG NAME:||80CENTREPORT TRAIL LPAFA AMENDMENT|
Adopt Resolution Authorizing Execution of Amendment No. 1 to the Advance Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for the CentrePort Trail Project (City Secretary Contract No. 49494) for Additional Design of a Connection to the Mike Lewis Trail in the City of Grand Prairie which Increases the Contract Amount by $926,862.00, with City Participation Increased by the Amount of $179,998.00 for a Revised Total Agreement Amount of $3,684,450.00, Authorize Acceptance of Additional State and Federal Funds, Authorize Transfer for City's Match, Accept Funds from the City of Grand Prairie, and Adopt Appropriation Ordinance (COUNCIL DISTRICT 5)
It is recommended that the City Council:
1. Adopt the attached Resolution authorizing the execution of Amendment No. 1, in the amount of $926,862.00, to the Advance Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for the CentrePort Trail Project (City Secretary Contract No. 49494) to increase the total amount to $3,684,450.00 with Federal Participation in the amount of $2,800,000.00, Indirect State Participation in the amount of $184,450.00 and City Participation increased by $179,998.00 for a total amount of $700,000.00;
2. Authorize the acceptance of additional $720,000.00 in federal funds contributing to CentrePort Trail Project through the Texas Department of Transportation;
3. Authorize the acceptance of additional $26,864.00 in state funds contributing to CentrePort Trail Project through the Texas Department of Transportation;
4. Authorize the transfer of $89,998.00 from the General Capital Projects Fund towards the City's match;
5. Accept $90,000.00 from the City of Grand Prairie for use toward local match; and
6. Adopt the attached appropriation ordinance increasing estimated receipts and appropriations in the Grants Capital Projects Federal Fund in the amount of $926,862.00.
The purpose of this Mayor and Council Communication (M&C) is to adopt a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 1 to an Advance Funding Agreement (AFA) with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) (City Secretary Contract No. 49494). The Amendment details the responsibilities of both the City and TxDOT in the development of the project and includes additional design for the connection to the Mike Lewis Trail in the City of Grand Prairie. This M&C also authorizes acceptance of additional state and federal grant funds for the project, acceptance of funds from the City of Grand Prairie, appropriation of matching funds and transfer of funds for the City's match.
This project is a part of the Veloweb Trail Network of the North Central Texas Council of Governments, connecting the CentrePort Trail from its terminus at the TRE CentrePort Station to the: 1) Mike Lewis Trail in Grand Prairie, and 2) future Veloweb Trail at the eastern county boundary south of TRE Railroad.
The City Council approved an Advanced Funding Agreement with TxDOT in the amount of $2,757,588.00 on June 20, 2017 (M&C G-18975 and M&C G-19040) for the engineering and construction of the CentrePort Trail between River Legacy Trail in Arlington and the TRE CentrePort Station, which will also connect to the American Airlines Headquarters.
This amendment is for the preliminary engineering of the trail for the continuation from the TRE CentrePort Station east ward to the: 1) Tarrant / Dallas County boundary south of the TRE railroad in order to connect the Veloweb Network segment in Irving; and 2) Mike Lewis Park in Grand Prairie through Trinity Blvd., and Roy Orr Blvd., in order to connect Mike Lewis Trail.
An Interlocal Agreement (CSC No. 50713) with the City of Grand Prairie for its anticipated share of the design costs was administratively executed on May 2, 2018. Terms of this agreement require the City of Grand Prairie contribute $90,000.00 for the local match.
Indirect costs associated with the ability for the City to recapture costs associated with administering this program are not allowed under this agreement.
Total appropriations for this amount of $926,862.00 are summarized below:
*City of Grand Prairie $90,000.00; General Capital Projects Fund Transfer $89,998.00.
This project is located in COUNCIL DISTRICT 5.
The Director of Finance certifies that upon approval of the above recommendations and adoption of the attached appropriation ordinance, funds will be available in the Grants Capital Projects Federal Fund.
This is a reimbursement grant.
|Submitted for City Manager's Office by:||
|Originating Department Head:||
|Additional Information Contact:||
|80CENTREPORT TRAIL LPAFA AMENDMENT AO18_31001r.docx|
|MAP Regional Trial Connections to CentrePort Updated (June 27 2016) Amendment.pdf|
|Resolution CentrePort Trail TXDOT Amendment 1 (Rev9.07.18).docx|