|Official site of the City of Fort Worth, Texas|
|City Council Agenda|
|COUNCIL ACTION: Approved on 3/21/2017 - Ordinance No. 22635-03-2017 & Resolution No. 4761-03-2017|
|DATE:||3/21/2017||REFERENCE NO.:||G-18975||LOG NAME:||80CENTREPORT TRAIL LPAFA|
Adopt Resolution Authorizing Execution of an Advance Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation in the Total Amount of $2,757,588.00 for Design and Construction of the CentrePort Trail Project with City Participation in the Amount of $520,002.00 and Adopt Appropriation Ordinance (COUNCIL DISTRICT 5)
It is recommended that the City Council:
1. Adopt the attached Resolution authorizing the execution of an Advance Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for a Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) Program - CentrePort Trail Project in the amount of $2,757,588.00 with Federal Participation in the amount of $2,080,000.00, Indirect State Participation in the amount of $157,586.00 and City Participation in the amount of $520,002.00;
2. Authorize the acceptance of $2,080,00.00 in federal funds contributing to CentrePort Trail Project through the Texas Department of Transportation;
3. Authorize the transfer of $350,000.00 from the PACS Improvement Fund to the Grants Capital Project Fund towards the City's match;
4. Authorize the transfer of $170,002.00 from the 2014 Bond Program Fund to the Grants Capital Project Fund towards the City's match; and
5. Adopt the attached appropriation ordinance increasing estimated receipts and appropriations in the Grants Capital Project Fund in the amount of $2,757,588.00.
The purpose of this Mayor and Council Communication is to adopt a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an Advance Funding Agreement (AFA) with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). The AFA details the responsibilities of both the City and TxDOT in the development of the project. This M&C also authorizes acceptance of federal grant funds for the project, transfer of funds to serve as the City's match and adoption of the appropriation ordinance for the project.
The CentrePort Trail will serve as a part of the Veloweb Trail Network of the North Central Texas Council of Governments which connects multi-use paths from Fort Worth to Dallas. The trail will be constructed between the new American Airlines Headquarters at Trinity Boulevard and Elm Street and the TRE CentrePort Station. This trail will also connect to the River Legacy Trail in Arlington.
A portion of this project will include 2014 Bond Program funds. Available resources within the General Fund will be used to provide interim financing for these expenses until debt is issued. Once debt associated with this project is sold, bond proceeds will reimburse the General Fund, in accordance with the statement expressing official Intent to Reimburse which was adopted as part of the ordinance canvassing the bond election (Ordinance No. 21241-05-2014) and the subsequent ordinance authorizing debt in 2016 (Ordinance No. 22216-05-2016).
Total appropriations for the local match of $520,002.00 are summarized below:
This project is located in COUNCIL DISTRICT 5.
The Director of Finance certifies that upon approval of the above recommendations and adoption of the attached appropriation ordinance, funds will be available in the 2014 Bond Program Fund, the Grant Project Fund, and the PACS Improvement Fund.
This is a reimbursement grant.
|Submitted for City Manager's Office by:||
|Originating Department Head:||
|Additional Information Contact:||
|80CENTREPORT TRAIL LPAFA_ Grant AORev.docx|
|Centreport Map Revised (June 27 2016).pdf|
|Resolution CentrePort TrailRev.docx|